Wednesday, September 9

BLOGS!

According to Blogger:

What's a blog?
A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.

Your blog is whatever you want it to be. There are millions of them, in all shapes and sizes, and there are no real rules.

In simple terms, a blog is a web site, where you write stuff on an ongoing basis. New stuff shows up at the top, so your visitors can read what's new. Then they comment on it or link to it or email you. Or not.

Since Blogger was launched in 1999, blogs have reshaped the web, impacted politics, shaken up journalism, and enabled millions of people to have a voice and connect with others.

How do I start a blog?  There are many decisions to make.  I think the only thing that works is trial and error.  You can start a blog with Wordpress, which I found was a bit more difficult than I thought.  Those who I have spoken with who use Wordpress love it.  I like Wordpress blogs because they seem clean, but I cannot for the life of me learn the tricks.  I think I am just too impatient.  Blogger on the other hand seems so easy to me to work with, like I am home.

Another decision to make or maybe the first one is what will you blog about?  Most of my friends have one about their families and what they are doing.   My friend Amy told me if you ever want to know what is going on at our house, just look at my blog.  She is AMAZING at keeping it up with their activities and also she has her children write about their experiences for the day or an activity they have just done.

BS or Blog Stalking is interesting.   Influential Blog Stalking is rewarding.  That is how bloggers get followers and you can get ranked pretty high for having followers.  This shows that one must be careful when blogging not to get too personal.

If you are considering starting a blog here are some links that may be helpful.

Wordpress
Blogger
Weebly
Clearblogs
Wikihow Video
About - Starting a Blog
Niche Blogging
Problogger Incredible helps for bloggers
Problogger Link to new blogger beginners
Blogging Basics

Happily Posted by Auntie An

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online